Super Bowl Bratwursts!.
You can have Super Bowl Bratwursts! using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Bowl Bratwursts!
- Prepare 15 of Bratwursts.
- Prepare 48 oz of of your favorite beer.
- It’s 2 of Bell peppers, your choice. I like to mix colors..
- It’s 1 medium of or large onion, your choice.
- It’s 3 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried chili flakes.
- It’s 1 dash of Italian spice mix.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and black pepper.
Super Bowl Bratwursts! instructions
- Arrange the brats to sit level in a 5qt. pot (I use a dutch oven). Squirt the Dijon mustard onto the brats. Slice the peppers and onion into thin strips and drop onto the brats..
- Sprinkle the other spices on top. Add a dash each of salt and black pepper..
- Pour in one 24 ounce can of beer, enough to cover the brats, but not the vegetables – in other words, low enough to not spash out. Cover and set aside to marinate. (The drive to your friend’s house is about the right amount of time for this step. This is why you cover them.).
- Invade your buddy’s wife’s kitchen (well, one burner on the stove, anyway) and simmer the whole mess for at least half an hour. If you wish to be invited back next year, don’t make a mess..
- After they’ve simmered, transfer the brats to an upper grill on the barbeque, over a high flame..
- Turn off the flame when the brats start to brown. Serve on buns (or not, I really don’t care). Pile on the peppers and onions and enjoy them with the game. Be prepared to be invited back next year to make them again (but only if you cleaned up any mess you made in the kitchen)..
- Serves 15, unless you have some large friends. If that’s the case, serves 3..
- Preparation time: Variable, depending on how far away your friend lives..