Chicken and ham corn chowder. This corn chowder with ham, chicken, and potatoes is really quick and easy to make for a tasty, comforting lunch item. Corn Chowder with Ham and Potatoes. Growing up we ate a lot of potato soup.
Reviews for: Photos of Cheesy Ham and Corn Chowder. This chicken and corn chowder recipe is cozy, flavorful, and easy to make. Bacon makes this recipe extra delicious. You can have Chicken and ham corn chowder using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and ham corn chowder
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of Jalepeno, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onion, Chopped.
- It’s 6 of small red potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts, precooked.
- You need 2 (8 oz) of bags diced ham.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of can corn.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of basil.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 16 oz of half and half.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheese.
This chicken corn chowder is the type of recipe I'm craving these days. This Ham and Corn Chowder is wonderful comfort food! A creamy soup broth, soft potato, juicy sweet corn and pops of golden brown ham is utterly irresistible and will warm your soul. I subbed the chicken broth for homemade ham stock and was lucky enough to find frozen corn with jalapeno.
Chicken and ham corn chowder step by step
- Put all ingredients in crockpot except cheese and milk. Cook on high 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- In the last hour, pour cream and Shredded cheese into crockpot..
- Top with your favorite toppings. Green onions, cooked bacon, avocado.
My mother is an excellent cook who rarely follows a recipe exactly. Stir in the butter, parsley, salt, pepper, pepper sauce if desired. The ham, potatoes and corn filled the soup out and as I often do, I added some white miso paste for even more flavour and a touch of umami. Here's to hoping that it starts warming up soon but until then I have some ham and potato corn chowder to get me through these chilly early spring days! Learn how to make this delicious and hearty chicken and bacon corn chowder from scratch!!