Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. I no longer need to look anywhere else! This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night.
Combine whipping cream and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir into soup; bring to a boil. This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup will go straight to the top of your favorite soup list! You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- You need 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- Prepare 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
I used store bought rotisserie chicken and a box of brown and wild rice mix that I cooked up without the seasoning packet. While your rice is cooking, you chop and sauté the veggies. Add the rice to the pot. While the soup is cooking, shred the kale.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Combine half-and-half and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Instant wild rice is cooked in chicken broth with shredded chicken, then combined with thickened cream for a quick soup. Go ahead and flag this recipe—it's sure to become a family favorite. A pot of pure comfort, it's a slightly thickened, creamy chicken soup with a finishing garnish of smoky bacon. Add chicken broth, balsamic, and lemon juice and reduce heat.