Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup from Delish.com is so easy to make for an appetizer or filling soup dinner any time. Pour broth over and add ham bone. Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals.
Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Split Pea Sausage Soup. This split pea soup is almost as easy as opening a can, and twice as yummy. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Here is my no-fail recipe for split pea soup. You can cook Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- It’s of Soup mix.
- Prepare 16 oz of Dried green split peas..
- It’s 2 of Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots, peeled and sliced..
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion. Chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped..
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic. Minced..
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of Hot water.
- It’s of Optional but delicious.
- Prepare 1 cup of Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4″ rounds.
Creamy and smooth and so easy to throw in the slow cooker in the morning. To me, split pea soup tastes like home. However, when I tried to replicate our family recipe on my own, I always had trouble finding a ham bone. Slow-cooking the peas gives it the same velvety texture, and the bay leaf and vegetables keep the flavors traditional.
Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup step by step
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients..
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces..
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired..
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option..
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well..
The classic pairing of mild split peas and rich ham come together in a delicious slow-cooker version. Soup Peas Christmas Braising Slow Cooking Slow Cookers Gluten Free Healthy Bay Leaf Ham Pork Celery Garlic Onions Dinner Leftovers Make Something magical happens when dried split peas break down into a thick, naturally creamy, and delicious soup over several hours in the slow cooker. Split pea soup is something Yummy Hubby has mentioned loving when he was growing up and a dinner I've been meaning to make for a long while now. Tossing the split pea soup ingredients into the slow cooker took less time than take-out and was so much more appreciated. Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal.