Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice. This traditional Creole red beans and rice recipe is made extra easy in the slow cooker! My mother cookd red beans & rice every Monday, always two bay leaves (left in the I live in Louisiana and have never attempted to make red beans.this recipe tasted so I also would not cook te sausage ahead of time and just put in the crock pot and it will. Red beans and rice are slow cooked to perfection with diced andouille sausage and Spicy andouille sausage jazzes up this basic crockpot red beans and rice recipe.
If you like my video, please give me a thumbs up and subscribe to my youtube channel. All videos can be seen for. Lighter Red Beans & Rice (Crock Pot Recipe)Iowa Girl Eats. andouille sausage, green bell pepper, garlic cloves, water, onion. You can have Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- It’s 1 lb of dried red beans.
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage or smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 of gumbo file (if desired).
Classic Louisiana Red Beans and Rice with Sausage. Are Red Beans and Kidney Beans the Same Thing? Give the pot a brief stir to distribute the spices and other ingredients. Red beans and rice is actually a popular New Orleans cajun meal, but it was introduced to me in college by a roommate of mine.
Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice instructions
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or until beans are tender. Serve over hot cooked rice topped with gumbo file if desired..
- **Adapted from Southern Living**.
I'm not sure where her recipe came from, but I fell in love. When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it and I fell in love all over again. What to serve with crock pot red beans and rice? There isn't much need for anything else in this meal. However, if you want to add a veggie you can make something simple like Roasted Green Beans or Can you make crockpot red beans and rice vegetarian?