White Bean Turkey Chili. This easy chili can be made on the stove, slow cooker or Instant Pot. Leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch! More chili recipes you might enjoy are Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili, Quick Beef Chili and No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili.
How to make turkey white bean chili. White Bean Turkey Chili is hearty, healthy turkey chili recipe with lean ground turkey, white beans, fresh lime and plenty of spice! I was cold to the bone by California standards, and all I could think about was a big warm bowl of this White Bean Turkey Chili! You can have White Bean Turkey Chili using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Bean Turkey Chili
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, sliced.
- You need 1.5 lb. of ground turkey.
- It’s 2 tbs. of flour.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 package of McCormick mix (chicken chili).
- It’s 2-3 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 8 oz. of white mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of “white” kidney beans, drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked dark turkey meat, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green onions, sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Options:.
- Prepare 8 oz. of pasta shells, cooked.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (per bowl).
- It’s of Dollop of sour cream (optional).
Today I whipped up some turkey white chili, based on our chicken white chili recipe, but made it with cooked turkey meat instead of chicken, and with the beans cooked in homemade turkey stock. I bumped up the heat a bit from the other recipe, feel free to dial it down if you don't like your foods spicy. Ingredients for White Bean Turkey Chili. Ground turkey: Lean protein that's a healthier alternative to ground beef.
White Bean Turkey Chili instructions
- In a large pot, sauté the bell pepper in olive oil. Then add the onions and the jalapeno pepper and cook until all ingredients are soft and onions are translucent..
- Remove the sautéed vegetables from the pot, set aside, and add some olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Drain off any fat..
- Add the garlic, the McCormick mix, and flour to the turkey. Mix and heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of stock and heat to a light boil..
- While heating, add the mushrooms, tomatoes, and white beans. Add back in the peppers and onions..
- When the mixture begins to slightly boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes. While cooking, add the green onions and the cilantro. Adjust for taste with seasonings..
- Add in chunks of leftover turkey meat and heat through. Add additional stock if needed..
- Looks like thick / chunky chili..
- Tip: I like to mound chili on top of cooked pasta shells in a bowl. Top with cheese and heat in a microwave for 40 seconds..
Yellow onion and garlic: Veggies that These are white beans to go with the lighter chili. Canned diced green chile peppers: Adds a bit of spice. Shredded pepper jack cheese: Used in the. In a large, deep, skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey; season with salt and pepper.