Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan#. Pour the cornflour and water mixture. Place tofu, light soy sauce, stock or water and garlic sprouts. Fry and toss until each piece is well coated.
When the mixture is bubbling, stir your cornstarch mixture to ensure that the cornstarch is completely dissolved. I used a tablespoon of La Doubanjiang because we didn't have fermented black beans and sauteed an onion in it too. The black bean sauce gives the dish a fabulous flavour that you will thoroughly enjoy. You can have Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan# using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan#
- Prepare 1 pack of non-gmo fried tofu.
- Prepare 3 of chilli pepper.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of fermented bean paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of starch of your choice.
- You need 3 Tsp of Olive oil.
This dish is traditionally made with pork but can also be made with beef or chicken. This crunchy, colorful stir-fry has an added kick from serrano chiles I can't resist buying an array of beans when they're at summer farmers' markets I love to mix Drain and dry tofu slices on paper towels. In a small bowl or measuring cup combine soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, and stock or water. Transfer crispy pan fried tofu to a plate.
Fried tofu, onions and chillies in bean sauce #Vegan# step by step
- Slice tofu, carrot, pepper and onion, and set aside. Mince garlic..
- Stir fry carrot and onion in olive oil until aromatic for about 3 minutes..
- Add fried tofu, garlic and sauté for another minute..
- Add soy sauce and bean paste and a Tsp of water and keep stir fry for about a minute until the sauce well coat all ingredients..
- Add chilli pepper in the end to avoid overcooking and cook for 30 more second. Stir in starch water right after. Adjust seasoning if necessary..
Repeat this step with remaining tofu. Garnish crispy garlic tofu with sesame seeds and green onion. Crispy tofu is best served immediately as it In a medium bowl, add cubed tofu and soy sauce on top. Stir gently with silicone or wooden spoon (metal will do. Unlike extra firm tofu, firm tofu does not get crispy right away when fried; it is the ideal texture needed for this dish.