Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta. Indeed, Cajun Chicken Pasta with Sausage just seemed like a natural choice! Quick and easy dinner is always something I have on my mind. And I just love chicken and sausage combination because it's so flavorful and delicious.
Then cut and prep the vegetables, onions, andouille sausage and chicken. Cajun-style blackened chicken is cooked first. Cajun-seasoned grilled chicken breast and jalapeno sausage flavor a skillet meal of bow tie pasta and vegetables in a creamy sauce. You can cook Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta
- It’s 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of chicken boob, diced (or 2 if they come in the pack).
- Prepare 1 lb of sausage, sliced (Andouille or whatever you can find).
- It’s 1 of Onion, sliced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Cajun seasoning (see below) or 2 McCormick cajun cubes.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 16 oz of linguine (or other pasta).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmesan.
- You need of garnish (green onions or parsley).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Tender chicken, smoked sausage, and delicious Cajun flavors make this a great dinner option! Add the cubed chicken along with the smoked sausage, followed by the onions. Cook until the onions start to sweat.
Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta step by step
- In a 6 quart (or larger) pot, add the olive oil and place the pot over high heat..
- When the oil begins to shimmer (and the first wisps of smoke appear), add the chicken and brown (2-3 min).
- Add the sausage and continue to sauté (2-3 min).
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to coat. You can use either store bought Cajun seasoning, or make your own with 2 parts cayenne, 2 parts garlic powder, 2 parts paprika, 1 part salt, 1 part oregano, 1 part thyme, 1 part ground black pepper, 1 part onion powder..
- Add the veggies and sauté (3-5 min).
- Add the noodles, stock, and fish sauce (no, it won't taste fishy. the fish sauce is there to boost the savory-ness of the dish. You can find fish sauce at your Asian grocer. It should be translucent and brown). Turn the heat to low and lightly move the noodles around to distribute and cover. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 min until the noodles are done..
- There should be some stock left in the pot. Add the cream and the parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Stir the ingredients to bring the sauce together. The starch from the pasta should be sufficient to thicken the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in bowls, topped with more grated parmesan and garnish of your choice..
Add prepared pasta into the pan, and toss the ingredients. This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe has a Creamy Alfredo Sauce with your favorite pasta and seasoned chicken. This popular Chili's classic can be made with penne, linguine, or fettuccine. Add sausage or shrimp for a fun twist. Bonus: This recipe is make-ahead and freezer-friendly.