肉骨茶 Herbal Pork Rib Soup (Bak Kut Teh). Bak kut teh is a Chinese soup popular served in Singapore and its name literally translate as “meat bone tea”, and its simplest, consists of meaty pork ribs. Bak Kut Teh in the Hokkien or Fujianese dialect literally translates to Pork Rib Tea. This rich herbal soup contains dong gui (Angelica Sinensis), known for its warming properties.
In Malaysia, the herbal ones are more popular whereas Singapore's Bak Kut Teh is usually peppery. However, if you fancy dry Bak Kut Teh, check our earlier posts: Video and Full Recipe! Bak Kut Teh is a meaty pork bone soup made by simmering pork ribs in a broth of garlic, herbs and spices. You can have 肉骨茶 Herbal Pork Rib Soup (Bak Kut Teh) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 肉骨茶 Herbal Pork Rib Soup (Bak Kut Teh)
- You need of 肉骨 Pork Ribs (300g).
- You need of 金针菇 Enokitake mushroom (100g).
- Prepare of 豆卜 Dried beancurd puff (6pcs).
- Prepare of 生菜 Lettuce (100g).
- It’s of 蒜头 Garlic (3 cloves).
- Prepare of 肉桂 Cinnamon stick (1).
- It’s of 八角 Star anise (2).
- You need of 酱清，酱油，胡椒粉，盐 Light soy sauce, Dark soy sauce, Pepper powder, Salt.
Popular in Malaysia, Singapore and China, there are a couple different versions of This Bak Kut Teh recipe is more similar to the Singapore version, which tends to be lighter and more peppery. Bak kut teh is a Chinese pork ribs soup cooked with many Chinese herbs, typically served with steamed white rice, you tiao (Chinese crullers), and thinly Fast forward some years later when I was in the States, I found a bak kut teh recipe from a Malaysian/Singaporean/Indonesian cookbook and I. Bak kut teh is a pork rib dish cooked in broth popularly served in Malaysia and Singapore where there is a predominant Hoklo and Teochew community. Bak Kut Teh is one of the very popular dishes that people must try when they come to Singapore (Malaysia also has Bak Kut Teh (肉骨茶).
肉骨茶 Herbal Pork Rib Soup (Bak Kut Teh) instructions
- 用一茶匙盐，少许胡椒粉腌肉骨十分钟 Marinate pork ribs with 1 teaspoon of salt and some pepper powder.
- 汆烫肉骨，将肉骨放入压力锅 Blanch pork ribs with hot water, put into pressure cooker.
- 加入蒜头，肉桂，八角 Add garlic, cinnamon stick, star anise.
- 加入一茶匙酱清，一茶匙酱油，少许胡椒粉。煮20分钟 Add 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, some pepper powder. Cook for 20mins.
- 加入豆卜，金针菇。煮2分钟 Add dried beancurd puff, Enokitake mushroom. Cook for 2mins.
- 关电，加人生菜。Turn-off pressure cooker, add lettuce.
Peppery Bak Kut Teh soup with fall-off-the-bone-tender pork ribs goes best with a warm bowl of jasmine rice and. Cut the spare ribs apart at every second rib so they're in managable sized pieces. Sprinkle the spare ribs generously with salt, and let them sit in a container overnight in the refrigerator. Bak Kut Teh 肉骨茶 is a a Chinese soup commonly found on the streets of Singapore, either with a pepper or herbal base. Two days straight of Legendary Bak Kut Teh?