Chinese Restaurant Style Stir-Fried Meat and Vegetables. Seven easy secrets for stir frying veggies. Learn how to cook veggies in a carbon steel wok. Cook veggies like a chef in a Chinese restaurant.
Find out what Chinese dishes to try in China (customer favorites): sweet and sour pork, kung pao chicken, fried noodles. With a long history, unique features, numerous styles and exquisite cooking, Chinese cuisine is one important constituent part of Chinese culture. Meat should be sliced, vegetables chopped, sauces mixed, and aromatics minced, all before you turn up that heat. You can have Chinese Restaurant Style Stir-Fried Meat and Vegetables using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Restaurant Style Stir-Fried Meat and Vegetables
- It’s 80 grams of Pork shoulder roast.
- You need 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Green onion or scallion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Wood ear mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 clove of Sliced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 10 of seeds Douchi.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/6 of of a teaspoon Doubanjiang.
But there's another secret that will improve When done right, a marinade is more than just a flavoring agent. It can help tenderize meat and alter its proteins so that it retains more moisture. This simple but delicious Chinese beef stir-fry with three vegetables has a lucky meaning in Chinese. Feel free to substitute other vegetables.
Chinese Restaurant Style Stir-Fried Meat and Vegetables instructions
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and rub it in well. Bring to room temperature. Finely chop the carrots. Take off the thin roots of the bean sprouts and diagonally slice the green onions..
- Chop the cabbage and green peppers, then slice the onion into wedges. Combine the sauce ingredients..
- Blanch the vegetables. Boil water in a pot, add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of oil, then add the hard vegetables. Don't add the green onions, bean sprouts, or wood ear mushrooms..
- When the green peppers become a vibrant green, drain the vegetables. Be careful not to over-cook..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add the meat. When the meat is about 80% cooked, add the green onions, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant..
- Drizzle the Shaoxing wine around the sides of the pan. When the alcohol has evaporated, add the douchi. Then, add the vegetables and bean sprouts. Stir for about 15 seconds, add the sauce, and mix it all together..
- After about another 30 seconds of stirring, the bean sprouts should be good, so add the katakuriko slurry to thicken it up..
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, toss, and enjoy!.
If you are not familiar with how to stir-fry beef, before you start preparing this dish, you may want to arm yourself with some pointers, such as freezing the meat. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until very hot. Season the sliced beef with the Chinese five-spice powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir to coat. Quickly stir-fried Sichuan style with red chilies, Sichuan peppercorns, and sesame oil.