Vickys Easter Roast Lamb, GF DF EF SF NF. With his wife Fern watching on, Phil Vickery cooks her favourite roast: lamb perfect for Easter lunch and accompanied by a seasonal treat – the first. Allergy friendly (GF, DF, SF, NF, EF, Refined sugar free) Beef & Cheddar Sliders – Football Friday – Plain Chicken.
Use them to help choose recipes that are best suited for you! There is also an egg free diet (EF) and a nut free diet (NF) that concerns individuals who are allergic to these specific foods. Spread out the leg of lamb and rub half of the herb rub all over the exposed side of the lamb. You can cook Vickys Easter Roast Lamb, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Easter Roast Lamb, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 lb of boneless lamb shoulder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 450 ml of lamb or chicken stock.
- You need 150 ml of white or red wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of redcurrant jelly.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
Roll up and securely tie the leg of lamb together with kitchen twine. Made with roasted cauliflower instead of potatoes. This soup has ALL the flavor of the Olive Garden hit recipe! Leg of lamb is so simple and fast when cooked in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Vickys Easter Roast Lamb, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425F.
- Mix the olive oil, chopped rosemary, 2 of the garlic cloves and the smoked paprika together and season well with salt and pepper, around 1/2 tsp low-sodium salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Prick the lamb all over with a knife then rub the mix over the whole surface.
- Put the onions, remaining whole garlic, stock and wine into a roasting tin, put a wire rack on top then put the lamb on top of the rack. Roast uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes.
- This browns the meat. Now reduce the oven temp to gas 3 / 160C / 275F.
- Cover the tray loosley with foil.
- Roast 35 minutes per pound for rare, 40 minutes per pound for medium and 45 minutes per pound for well done.
- Let the lamb rest covered in the foil and with a clean tea towel draped over to keep it warm for 30 minutes. The meat will absorb some of it's juices back and the stock will be full of flavour having caught the drippings.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board. Pour / spoon off the fat from the roasting tin and discard. Sieve the roasting juices and softened onion into a measuring jug. Press down to get all the flavour from the garlic and onion juices into the stock. Add boiling water to the jug if needed to make it up to 570ml.
- Bring to boil in a saucepan, adding the redcurrant jelly to dissolve. Mix the cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of cold water then add to the pan and whisk until thickened and smooth..
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the lamb thickly and serve with seasonal vegetables and the gravy.
This healthy recipe is perfect if you're wondering how to cook boneless. From rack of lamb to lamb shoulder recipes, roast lamb leg and marinated lamb recipes there's plenty of inspiration for creating the perfect Easter lunch. Because of this significance roast lamb has become firmly entrenched as the Easter meal, long predating the vast, golden turkeys of Christmas. This tasty roast lamb recipe has a Mediterranean twist, with pistachios, oregano and cinnamon in the stuffing and is perfect for Easter lunch. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.